At Black Swan Dental Spa we offer soft tissue diode laser treatment for a wide range of dental procedures.
A laser is an instrument that produces a very narrow, intense beam of light energy. When laser light comes in to contact with tissue, it causes a reaction, the light produced by the laser can remove or reshape tissues.
Lasers can be used as a safe and effective treatment for many dental procedures and are often used in conjunction with other instruments.
Some of the treatments include:
- To expose partially erupted wisdom teeth
- Reduce the discomfort of cold sores
- Remove overgrown tissue s caused by some medications
- Manage gum tissues during impressions for dental procedures
- Remove inflamed gum tissues and aid in the treatment of gum disease
- Reshape gum tissue during crown lengthening procedures
- Help treat infection in root canals
There are several advantages to using lasers during dental procedures. We may not need to use a drill or anaesthesia in certain procedures, providing a more relaxed dental experience. Lasers can be more precise for some treatments. They can help reduce symptoms and healing times associated with some traditional therapies and reduce the amount of bacteria in both diseased gum tissue and tooth cavities and help control bleeding during surgical procedures.
Dental lasers are as safe as any other dental instrument if used according to accepted practices by a trained practitioner.
Although the laser is a very useful instrument it is obviously not appropriate for every dental procedure, your clinician will discuss the suitability of using the laser with you.